Monday, July 19, 2010

5:21am

It's a strange day when you wake up from a dream about stabbing zombies in the head with a pair of garden shears. Feeling yourself slowly wake to the feeling that some crazy shit is just about to pop off. Just a dream...just a dream. Green skin and metal pieces pulled out of zombie brains. That stuff keeps you from getting back to sleep for sure. Good morning apprehension.

Then there's real life where people build an invisible wall between themselves and you because...I don't know why. Let me list the assumptions that rumble around in my head:
I'm not livin' right
I am not willing to listen to a message from God through them
I have a weakness for attention from guys (Really? What girl doesn't appreciate attention from guys...but a weakness? I don't think so.)
They can't talk to me because I get upset (I'm sorry that I don't just take your judgment as fact. I don't need that negativity in my life...thanks.)

Never thought it would be like this, but it is what it is. Friendship shouldn't be conditional - if you're my friend, then you'll do what I tell you to. Sorry..that's not how grown folks do things. If we're supposed to be like family, then it makes sense you would treat me this way. Given enough time everyone shows you their truth. If you know me, you know I'm not afraid of confrontation...and I feel some coming. This time all I'm afraid of is that I let the wrong people in.

1 comment:

  1. Pride..and the beginning of the dealings to break down that pride.

    ReplyDelete